Senin, 09 Januari 2012

We don't want Drogba

China’s super league defending champions Guangzhou Evergrande say they have not contacted Chelsea’s talisman Didier Drogba for a possible move to Asia during the winter, contrary to reports that dominated the world media last week.

“We have no contacts with Drogba whatsoever, nor has the club authorized anyone to contact him,” Evergrande said in a statement released on Monday.

“The recent Drogba report is pure speculation. He is not in our plan. Our reinforcements will be under strict standard including the player's age and potential.”

The Ivory Coast international, who may likely part company with the London club at the end of his contract next June, was reported to being chased after by three Chinese clubs Shanghai Shenhua, Dalian Aerbin and Guangzhou Evergrande, with the last of the trio believed to have proposed £400,000 per week to the 34-year-old former Marseille goal puncher. Evergrande’s latest reaction may leave Shenhua as a stronger contender to snaffle the Ivorian.

Drogba, who attended a gala match on Thursday in Abidjan, told reporters when asked about the rumours that he was yet to sign anything and therefore was not in the position to confirm his next destination.

The Elephants’ captain added that he wanted to concentrate on the 2012 African Cup of Nations rather than transfer issues. He is currently with the group in Abu Dhabi preparing for the showpiece.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar