Senin, 23 Januari 2012
Milan harbour Tevez hopes
Tevez would no longer appear to have a future at Manchester City after flying to Argentina without the club's permission in November. He has refused to return to Manchester since and is eager to secure a move away from the Etihad Stadium before the transfer window closes on January 31.
Inter Milan expressed an interest in signing the striker but he made it clear he would prefer a move to AC Milan and entered talks over a possible deal.
Negotiations failed with the Rossoneri pulled out of the deal, leaving Tevez's future in the balance, but the Serie A Club have confirmed that are still interested in signing the 27-year-old.
"Tevez wants Milan? We also want Tevez," AC Mila vice-president Adriano Galliani told the club's official website, acmilan.com.
"We shall see, there are still seven days left until the end of the transfer window."
Tevez's advisors met with Paris St Germain representatives last week but a deal could not be reached, paving the way for Milan to reignite their interest.
Galliani admits the Rossoneri have a backup plan should they fail in their bid to sign Tevez with Maxi Lopez on their radar.
"If Tevez does not arrive, then Maxi Lopez will join us. Either one or the other, certainly not the two of them," he said.
"I think he (Lopez) is already in Milan but we will now see what happens.
"His medical? We must be calm, we need to wait a few more days. Maxi Lopez is a player that interests us a lot and it's likely that he will arrive. The situation is very simple, we have an agreement with Catania and with the player."