Jumat, 06 Januari 2012
Rooney ‘Not for Sale’
Following a report due to appear in Saturday's The Independent that claims the England striker would be allowed to leave Old Trafford, the club and player issued a statement.
A statement on the United website, issued by the club and Rooney's agent Paul Stretford, said: "We have not seen the detail but can assure all United fans that the Manager and the Club are committed to Wayne Rooney and Wayne is committed to the Manager and the Club.
"The player and the Manager have always had and retain, the utmost respect for each other and look forward to working together in the coming seasons.
"Any suggestion that Manchester United and Wayne Rooney are to part company is complete nonsense."
Rooney was fined last week and left out of United's squad for the defeat to Blackburn.
It followed an alleged night out with his wife and a sluggish training session the following day.
At the same time as the club issued the statement Rooney Tweeted: "The manager and I have no issues and anyone who says different don't know what they are talking about."
Just over a year ago Rooney refused to agree a new deal at Manchester United and there were suggestions he would join rivals City.
But within 48 hours he did a shock U-turn and agreed a new five-year deal at Old Trafford.
Almost two years ago, in January 2010, United said that Rooney was not for sale at any price.