Rabu, 13 Juni 2012

Short Film: 'Voiceless'

Short Film: 'Voiceless'

1 in every 1,000 newborns are Deaf. 10% of those children's families are DEAF as well. Out of the remaining 90%, only 1/4 of them ever learn to sign. The remaining 3/4? They go throughout their life without ever being able to communicate with their kids. This is the story of a girl whose family is part of that 3/4.

Video by vvizcardo

Familiar Stories of the Mainstreaming...

Alone in a Hearing World' shows true to life scenarios of a young Deaf boy growing up in a hearing world. With family members who can't communicate and continuous misunderstandings by his teachers and coaches, he is forced to live in a world of isolation. However, when he pleas for his Mothers understanding and falls short, he ends up in the only place he seems to find acceptance, as seen on YouTube: Alone In A Hearing World

'Alone In The Mainstream' (best seller book for the teachers) - A Deaf women remembers public schools - Gina A. Oliva in which a book is a part of education for hearing parents to understanding with Deaf children in the mainstream schools, as seen on YouTube: Alone In The Mainstream

Also and, check it out DrDonGCSUS's vlog with captions: Mainstreaming Is Failing Deaf Students

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar